NOTICE: Due to our desire to curtail the potential spread of COVID-19, BFM is temporarily suspending our weekly face-to-face Meeting for Worship. We are now meeting online Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
As members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), we welcome all who join us for unprogrammed worship.
Friends believe that there is that of God in every person. Each one present individually seeks communion with God. At the same time a sense of Divine Presence is felt in the communal silence. Anyone may speak from the silence to share a spiritual message in the form of a thought, idea, or prayer. Discussions of issues are held at other times.
Meeting for Worship is closed by shaking hands with those on either side. A short period of sharing, announcements, and general visiting follows.
Monthly, Birmingham Friends meet for business after meeting for worship, usually the second Sunday of the month. We also hold a potluck meal, typically on the third Sunday of the month after the rise of meeting for worship. Discussion meetings are held periodically to consider topics of mutual concern. We welcome your participation at any or all of our activities.
Children are welcome to participate in 15 minutes of silent worship at the start of meeting, followed by our informal First Day school activities.
- Meeting for Worship on December 6, 2020 10:30 am
- Holiday Cookie Exchange on December 11, 2020
- Meeting for Worship on December 13, 2020 10:30 am
- Meeting for Business on December 13, 2020 12:00 pm
- Meeting for Worship on December 20, 2020 10:30 am
- Meeting for Worship on December 27, 2020 10:30 am
- Meeting for Worship on January 3, 2021 10:30 am
- Meeting for Worship on January 10, 2021 10:30 am
- Meeting for Business on January 10, 2021 12:00 pm
- Meeting for Worship on January 17, 2021 10:30 am